afacli/battery state question

Matthew Reams Mreams at
Mon Oct 25 13:10:02 CDT 2004

We are running Dell Poweredge 2550's with RedHat Enterprise 3.
Previously, some were installed with Windows 2000 Server, and before
reinstalling, they were giving messages about the battery needing to be
reconditioned.  Instead of reconditioning them, we installed the servers
with RHEL 3, and downloaded the afaapps from However, when I run the afacli,
and do check the controller details, it shows "Battery State: Ok".

Are there any other steps that are needed for the afacli to work, or is
there somewhere else I look to determine if the battery needs to be

Thanks in advance,

Matt Reams