configuring Drac III remotely

Neil Prockter list-linux-poweredge--dell.com at iamafreeman.com
Mon Oct 25 12:42:01 CDT 2004

Hi,

you can enter commands via the embedded web management console

point a web browser at <rac ip addres>:443
-> debug tab
-> command debug

for example using a value of
racadm getconfig -g cfgRacTuning

gives me

Status Text
cfgRacTuneMnNwIpAddrBase=192.168.234.235
cfgRacTuneHostVncPort=0x175d
cfgRacTuneGenericFtpUser=racadm
cfgRacTuneGenericFtpPasswdType=
cfgRacTuneGenericFtpPasswd=hidden
cfgRacTuneRemoteCrsPort=0x170c
cfgRacTuneFwUpdateResetDelay=0x46
cfgRacTuneDialOutIdleTime=0x28
cfgRacTuneDialOutMaxConnectTime=0x0
cfgRacTuneD3debugEnable=1
cfgRacTuneRemoteRacadmEnable=1
cfgRacTuneMnConsoleDisableAllowed=0
cfgRacTuneMnConsoleNoDisableKeys=<ctrl+alt+f1>
cfgRacTuneHostCom2BaudRate=57600
cfgRacTuneFtpSettings=0x1

this gets tiresome so if you need more than a few commands enable telnet
access this way then telnet in and use the racadm on the card itself

Neil