need some help with bad df

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Oct 24 12:55:02 CDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 10:03:18AM -0400, Jim Greene wrote:
> Hi All,
>    All of a sudden I am seeing some strange behavior with one of my 2650's.
> Using a Perc4/Dc  Doing a df I am seeing the following:
> /dev/sda2             10080520 -73786976294837985280   9793140 101% /var/log
>
> wtf is that?

This is a quirk of having a >1TB block device, yes?  That df displays
incorrect values is one of the known quirks.  For reasons like this
(and other similar anomolies which aren't all known), Red Hat doesn't
"support" (i.e. their support org won't fix) issues with systems with
>1TB block devices, and recommends making smaller block devices.  >1TB
block devices will be a RHEL4 (2.6-based kernel) feature.

> I am also seeing the iowait being pretty high all of a sudden.  How to I
> verify that my read/write cache is on and functioning ?

dellmgr/megamgr should be able to tell you.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch