megaraid2 driver update

Will Dyson will.dyson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:28:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:35:45 -0400, Jim Greene <jwgreene at megalink.net> wrote:
> Actually I went back to kernel 2.4 (latest that comes with RH AS 3).  Seems
> they will not support a system if it is running a custom kernel.  I have not
> tried any kernel debugging options. How would one go about turning them on ?

In the kernel configuration menu (make menuconfig) it is a toplevel
menu near the bottom. The options contained within enable additional
runtime checks (such as checks for the incorrect use of spinlocks)
that have a significant overhead but cause many otherwise sneaky bugs
to become obvious.

Interestingly, for my client's PE2600, moving from the RH EL 3 (ES)
kernel to 2.6.8.1 (with the megaraid 2.20.4 driver patched in) solved
the persistant crashes we were experiencing. Wish I knew why...

--
Will Dyson - Consultant
http://www.lucidts.com/