No gigabit with either bcm5700 or tg3

Daniel Schrock daniel.schrock at sekoworldwide.com
Thu Oct 21 16:26:01 CDT 2004

Homemade cables work fine.  You just have to be meticulous when creating
them and you have to use solid core cables...
never crimp until the copper shines through the connector for all 8
wires and don't untwist the wires too far...

it takes a while, but if you've spent the last few years making hundreds
of cables, like me, rolling your own GB copper cable isn't that
hard...and it looks much nicer.

.daniel.schrock, ccnp
.senior.system/network.architect
.infrastructure.manager