OpenManage on SuSE 9.1

Thorsten.Henrici@amann.com Thorsten.Henrici at amann.com
Thu Oct 21 11:00:00 CDT 2004

Hello list,

I would like to run OpenManage Server Administrator (BTW, Dell, it might
be I'm not the only one.) on a Dell 1600SC with SuSE Linux 9.1 (Kernel:
2.6.5-7.108.smp) installed.

I followed Eberhard Moenkebergs' instructions but the options to install
anything (Server Administrator, DRACII) are greyed out because the
kernel I'm running is not supported.

Is there any way to teak this, so the setup thinks I'm running a kernel,
that it does support.
(/etc/redhat-release already exists with the appropriate string for RH
9.0). I also set up a symbolic link for /usr/src/linux-2.4.

Kind Regards,
Thorsten

Thorsten Henrici - Systems Engineering AMANN & Soehne GmbH & Co. KG
Hauptstr. 1      D-74357 Boennigheim
fon +49 (7143) 277-302
fax (personal)  +49 (7143) 277-901-302
E-Mail: thorsten.henrici at amann.com