The state of monitoring PE servers under Linux

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Wed Oct 20 08:20:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 01:20:16PM +0100, Andrew Hill wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> Matt Domsch wrote:
> >
> Does this version include SNMP support?

> I've installed the above version of OMSA on a RHEL 3.0 ES server,
> but it doesn't look like there's anything in the SNMP tree that's
> not included in the default net-snmp tree. (OpenManage IT Assistant
> 6.5 is picking the server up as an unclassified system.)

Is dcsnmpd32 running?  That's a sub-agent that plugs into net-snmp.

My /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file has this at the end:
# Allow Systems Management Data Engine SNMP to connect to snmpd using SMUX
smuxpeer .

Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions &