OMSA on PE1850; Re: OMSA on PE2850 -linux

Will DeHaan wdehaan at
Tue Oct 19 13:30:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 12:58, Greg Dickie wrote:
> Hi,
>   Sorry if this is a FAQ but I just got a PE2850 and I'm trying to
> figure out where the OpenManage Server Administrator is for this
> machine. I can't seem to find it on the downloads section and the CDs
> don't seem to have it either. I know everything has been restructured
> for IPMI but can someone give me a clue where this would be?
> PS: We install our own version of linux so I can't just slap in the
> Server Assistant CD and use that.
> Thanks,
> Greg

Same problem. I've many PEx850 systems and no OpenManage. Not on the CDs
and not where I would expect it to be:

I see OpenManage referenced on for the PE1850 & PE2850 but
where are the bits? What versions of OM will install on these platforms?

Will DeHaan <wdehaan at>