Fan Amperage

Aaron Smith asmith at nexcerpt.com
Tue Oct 19 07:58:00 CDT 2004

	I apologize if this is a bit off topic.  I recently sent a message to
the list asking about a dead fan in my Dell Powervault 120T DDS4
Autoloader tape drive.  Well, I've since been able to disconnect the
unit from the server, crack it open, and pull out the fan.  It "appears"
to be a standard 12VDC 60mm x 60mm x 25mm case fan.  According to the
label, it runs at .08Amp.  I've looked around and looked around and the
closest fan I can fine with those power specs is 12VDC, .09Amp.  Now, I
would *think* that that would be sufficient, but I'd hate to put
something in this unit that will cause some other part to melt down from
the increased amperage.  Granted, it's not MUCH of an increase, but you
never know.  I don't suppose anyone on the list here could speak to such
matters?  Or perhaps someone (from Dell perhaps...:) ) could give me
some info or a phone number or email of someone to contact regarding
this?

Aaron Smith             		vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director        		fax: 269.349.9076
Nexcerpt, Inc.          		http://www.nexcerpt.com

	...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise