The state of monitoring PE servers under Linux

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Oct 18 07:53:00 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 09:34:31AM +0100, Andrew Hill wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've recently purchased some more Dell kit, and I've been revising our
> hardware monitoring setup under Linux. A have a couple of questions as a
> result:
>
> - Has Dell released OpenManager Storage Services?

Yes, as of a couple weeks ago.  I need to get an announcement out to
the list.  It's included in the OMSA product posted here:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/sysman/om_410_lnx_managed_system_A00.tar.gz

> - If not, is there a version of the dellmgr tool suitable for a PERC
> 4/DC controller under RHEL 3.0 ES? The version linked on
> http://linux.dell.com/storage.shtml
> (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R49828)
> doesn't work so well.

What is "doesn't work so well"?
Now that OMSS has been released, it's supposed to replace the tools
provided by LSI and Adaptec (dellmgr, afacli, and their related
tools).

Thanks,
Matt

--