The state of monitoring PE servers under Linux

Andrew Hill andrew at awarez.net
Mon Oct 18 03:38:01 CDT 2004

Hi all,

We've recently purchased some more Dell kit, and I've been revising our
hardware monitoring setup under Linux. A have a couple of questions as a
result:

- Has Dell released OpenManager Storage Services?

- If not, is there a version of the dellmgr tool suitable for a PERC
4/DC controller under RHEL 3.0 ES? The version linked on
http://linux.dell.com/storage.shtml
(http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R49828)
doesn't work so well.

- I haven't bothered to try the non-rpm version of percsnmp from the
above package - is this worth it, or will this not work as well?

TIA,

--
Andrew Hill
Software Developer