web pages of linux.dell.com Hardware Monitoring and RAID & Storage completely out of date

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Fri Oct 15 11:35:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Matt Domsch wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 09:42:00AM -0400, nathan r. hruby wrote:
>>
>> While this message is, er, lacking the kind of detailed report most here
>> would prefer, the fact is that the statement is true.
>>
>> The latest mention of OMSA version at http://linux.dell.com/monitoring.shtml
>> is 1.7 from February.
>>
>> I know that Matt and folks have put some working into making the
>> linux.dell.com site happen, seems a shame to do all that work and then
>> basically abandon it.
>
> Far from abandoned.  Just seriously behind, we're proactively solving
> problems before they're seen "in the field" such that we would need to
> comment on them on the web site. :-)
>
> I absolutely invite folks to point out areas of the site that need
> some TLC, and ideally, to send patches, text fragments, etc. to the
> list.  Andrew Ryder has been fixing up the FAQ-o-Matic a lot today.
> Thanks Andrew!

[ playing catch up on email today ]

The OMSA pages are much nicer, thanks!

A few other little things:
  - How about a link to FOM in the NavBar on the right? :)
  - The Storage Page doesn't mention RHEL for aacraid, and mentions only
    AS2.1 for megaraid.
  - www.linux.dell.com?
  - Distro page also neglects RHEL3

Thanks!

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free