Problems with Dell-Poweredge 1750

nikster nikster at antivir.de
Fri Oct 15 09:15:00 CDT 2004

Hello,
i have  got a problem with my configuration of the Dell Poweredge 1750
It is configured Raid 5 (Hardware).
I have installed Gentoo-Linux and compiled a 2.6.8 Kernel with Megaraid2
support.
The Problem is, it hangs while booting with the following Messages:

Detecting Adaptec I2O Raid Controllers
Redhat Adaptect aacraid driver (1.1.2-lk2 Oct 11 2004)
scsi <fdomain> Detection failed (no Card)
NCR53c406a: no available Ports found
sym53c416.c Version-1.0.0ac

I'm not really a pro with Raid and it is my first Dell Server, so I'm
not sure if I have miconfigured my RAID or my Kernel.
If any you of has an Idea about that  or knows the Answer or just needs
more Information please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated

Niels