Definitive recommendation for bonding Broadcom NICS?

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Thu Oct 14 08:49:00 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 13:06, Kevin M. Myer wrote:

> But I'm also seeing posts from folks that
> tg3 doesn't handle well under high loads

I'm not sure who those people are, but I've personally not seen any
problems.  I have a 2650 and a couple hundred 1750's running CentOS 3.3
(a rebuild of RHEL3u3) and they all use the tg3 driver.  It's a full
gigabit network.  For the most part, the network load isn't what I'd
call "high load" but on occasion it does get up there.  I know I've
personally pushed over 90% of theoretical max through those connections
for short periods (10-20 min) without problems.