Definitive recommendation for bonding Broadcom NICS?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Oct 13 12:07:40 CDT 2004

Hello,

I have a rack of 2650's that I want to use a NIC bonding driver with (failover
and loadbalance mode).  I'm finding it extremely cumbersome to have to
recompile the bcm5700 and basp drivers for every kernel upgrade.  And with RHEL
3, Update 3, I find I have to restart the network after initial boot for the
default route to get set properly.  But I'm also seeing posts from folks that
tg3 doesn't handle well under high loads so using that and the bonding driver
thats include with Red Hat EL might not work either.

What is the definitive recommendation for a bonding driver for Broadcom NICS?
Or isn't there one?

Thanks,
Kevin
--