IPMI on PE1400

Abhay_Salunke@Dell.com Abhay_Salunke at Dell.com
Wed Oct 13 09:52:01 CDT 2004

PE1400 does not have IPMI support by default unless you are using the DRAC add-on card.
If not then the OpenIPMI driver will not work.
You can use Dell OpenManage to monitor the sensors etc.

Abhay

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin-Lists On Behalf Of Jorik Jonker
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 7:00 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: IPMI on PE1400

Hi,

I'm trying to get IPMI working on a PE 1400, without any luck. I used
both the 'stock' driver in 2.6.9-rc4 and the patches against 2.6.8.1
(v33), but ipmi_si seems to be unable to find a System Interface. I
noticed that during the 'detection phase' (and during a BT reset) the
fans in the PE are making much more noise, so 'some' communication seems
to succeed in a way.
So I wondered wether this is a known problem, or is this a PE
1400-specific bug. I read something about Dell committing some Changes
(a post from Matt), but it was unclear for me wether theses changes were
already committed, or not.

kind regards,
Jorik Jonker