IPMI on PE1400

Jorik Jonker jorik at magproductions.nl
Wed Oct 13 09:00:00 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get IPMI working on a PE 1400, without any luck. I used
both the 'stock' driver in 2.6.9-rc4 and the patches against 2.6.8.1
(v33), but ipmi_si seems to be unable to find a System Interface. I
noticed that during the 'detection phase' (and during a BT reset) the
fans in the PE are making much more noise, so 'some' communication seems
to succeed in a way.
So I wondered wether this is a known problem, or is this a PE
1400-specific bug. I read something about Dell committing some Changes
(a post from Matt), but it was unclear for me wether theses changes were
already committed, or not.

kind regards,
Jorik Jonker