3250

Mikey Sklar sklarm at electric-clothing.com
Tue Oct 12 18:02:01 CDT 2004

I've got about 234 Dell 3250's. Obviously running diags or reading the
SEL from the EFI would be a daunting task on all these machines every
time a orange light came on.

I've found two ways to easily read the hardware logs in more scriptable
fashions.

1) Intels dpcproxy/dpccli can be installed and run against the 3250's
    to pickup the SEL.

2) Dell now bundles OSA solproxyd/ipmish (osabmcutil-1.0+) for the
    8th generation servers. These have worked just fine for me for console
    and remote power/sel/fw levels on Dell 1850/2850.

In order to use either of these you must have the BMC configured. You
can do that using the SMU from the EFI. The BMC can even share the same
IP as the host via dhcp which is cool, and not really supported if I
recally correctly.

Message: 8