megaraid mount points

Greg Dickie greg at max-t.com
Tue Oct 12 09:03:01 CDT 2004

Your logical drives should show up as normal SCSI drives in
/proc/scsi/scsi and there should therefore be devices already in
/dev/sd? . Of course you might not see any partitions if the logical
disk hasn't been partitioned (check /proc/partitions).

HTH,
Greg

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 08:23, Jamie Glendinning wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm new to trying to get linux working on dell servers. we have several
> poweredge 1750 servers with perc 4/di bios rev A07 that I would like to
> get working with a stripped down linux environment.
>
> We are limited at the moment to use the 2.4.x kernel.
> my test environment is the 2.4.28-pre4 kernel mainly for sata support
> on other devices. this appears the megaraid2 driver v 2.10.3 built in.
>
> the linux environment we are using is loaded via pxe.
>
> I can load the megaraid2.o module. when I do this I can cat
> /proc/megaraid/hba0/... and get information about the devices.
>
> BUT
>
> I don't have any mount points with which I can mount the hard disk.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions what mountpoints (or
> should that be block devices) I should be using in /dev/
>
> I saw the util megamgr used mknod /dev/megadev0  c $MAJOR 0.     on my
> system $MAJOR is 254.
> I created that node  but am not sure what else I need to do/create/prod
> so that I can actually mount a partition (or link it to /dev/sda1)
>
> any thoughts?
>
> cheers
>
> jamie

> postmaster at engl.co.uk.
>
> This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
Greg Dickie
just a guy
Maximum Throughput