megaraid mount points

Jamie Glendinning Jamie_Glendinning at engl.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 07:25:01 CDT 2004

Hi

I'm new to trying to get linux working on dell servers. we have several
poweredge 1750 servers with perc 4/di bios rev A07 that I would like to
get working with a stripped down linux environment.

We are limited at the moment to use the 2.4.x kernel.
my test environment is the 2.4.28-pre4 kernel mainly for sata support
on other devices. this appears the megaraid2 driver v 2.10.3 built in.

the linux environment we are using is loaded via pxe.

I can load the megaraid2.o module. when I do this I can cat
/proc/megaraid/hba0/... and get information about the devices.

BUT

I don't have any mount points with which I can mount the hard disk.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions what mountpoints (or
should that be block devices) I should be using in /dev/

I saw the util megamgr used mknod /dev/megadev0  c $MAJOR 0.     on my
system $MAJOR is 254.
I created that node  but am not sure what else I need to do/create/prod
so that I can actually mount a partition (or link it to /dev/sda1)

any thoughts?

cheers

jamie

postmaster at engl.co.uk.

This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.