3250

Jason_Groce@Dell.com Jason_Groce at Dell.com
Mon Oct 11 13:40:01 CDT 2004

Mark,

Actually there are a couple of ways to run Diags on the 3250.   The
Intel Server Management CD is a Gui based application that can be
installed and run from the Gui.

	You can also boot to the Resource CD in the EFI shell and run
Diags as well as use the SMU, to view the Sel Viewer.  (SEL viewer
basically shows the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) log.)

	More than likely the flashing amber event is listed in the SEL
Viewer,  explaining exactly what the error message is.     Intel Server
Management will also display the SEL viewer from the GUI.

	Hope that helps.

Jason Groce.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin-Lists On Behalf Of mark mclarnon
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 1:19 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: 3250

Greetings all:

I have 19 3250's all running RHAS2.1 and 6 of which have the amber
warning light flashing. I am new to managing the 3250's and was
wondering if any of you folks know more about them. Since there is no
OpenManage or 32bit diagnostics like there is for the PE 1750 or 2650,
what do you guys use to diagnose problems when they arise?

Support is not being much help, they tell me there is something called
the Intel Server Management CD which I can download from the support
website. The only tool I see on there from Intel is the "Intel ARP
tool". I have no clue what this has to do with diagnosing problems with
the hardware.

Any clues?

Mark