PERC3/Di firmware for PE2650 are .exe files (Re: 2850 raid stability)

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Tue Oct 5 19:58:01 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 08:44:43PM -0400, Thomas Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
> Can someone please repackage this new firmware into a useable file format
> please ?
> Was Dell ever able to figure out how to deliver a linux useable file?

I've been working with our internal team responsible for posting such
files on a systemic fix, rather than a single posting fix.  When
that's done, all firmware and BIOS images that would normally be
posted in a Windows self-extracting .exe file will *also* be posted in
a gzipped 1.44MB floppy image.  But, we're not done yet.

Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions &
Linux on Dell mailing lists @