NAS questions

McCann, Sean mccanns at metronaviation.com
Tue Oct 5 12:37:01 CDT 2004

Storage Server 2003 is just windows 2003 with services for unix and some
web management stuff. The snapshot/rollback is just Volume shadow copy
built in to Windows 2003 server. This solution is mainly for those
people who don't know what they are doing and want a complete Microsoft
solution. I demoed the PV745N and wasn't impressed with WSS 2003, also I
was having problems getting it talking to our NIS domain. I would
suggest getting the PE1750 and external RAID running what ever flavor of
linux you like with samba or just running Windows 2003

Sean