PE2650 with Broadcom : disconnection !

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Tue Oct 5 08:37:01 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 02:02, Eric Belhomme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a new PE2650 with a GNU/Linux Debian Woody
> distribution. As the "bf24" kernel that come on the official debian
> CD-set does not provide support for Broadcom Gigabit NIC, I built my own
> kernel, with the last version of 2.4.x branch (2.4.27) picked up on
> www.kernel.org
>
> So I added support for :
> - ServerWorks chipset
> - aacraid
> - broadcom tigon3
>
> The new kernel boots up fine, tg3 module is loaded successfully, and
> networking if ok.
>
> I installed openssh on with server (like the 2 other servers PE2450 with
> Intel NICs that runs under Linux) and I have a problem with ssh
> connections : connections are mysteriously reseted by server, I don't
> know why, and there are nothing on kernel log messages.

I'm running RH on my 2650 and haven't seen anything like this.  Are all
the closed ssh connections coming from the same box? or the same
network?  I'd be more likely to suspect a router in between cutting off
the connection than the machine itself.

I haven't run debian in ages, but its also possible something on the
machine might be killing your processes, although I can't imagine what.