PE2650 with Broadcom : disconnection !

Eric Belhomme eric.belhomme at icsb.fr
Tue Oct 5 01:03:01 CDT 2004

Hi,

I just installed a new PE2650 with a GNU/Linux Debian Woody
distribution. As the "bf24" kernel that come on the official debian
CD-set does not provide support for Broadcom Gigabit NIC, I built my own
kernel, with the last version of 2.4.x branch (2.4.27) picked up on
www.kernel.org

So I added support for :
- ServerWorks chipset
- aacraid
- broadcom tigon3

The new kernel boots up fine, tg3 module is loaded successfully, and
networking if ok.

I installed openssh on with server (like the 2 other servers PE2450 with
Intel NICs that runs under Linux) and I have a problem with ssh
connections : connections are mysteriously reseted by server, I don't
know why, and there are nothing on kernel log messages.

I don't believe this is a tg3 driver issue because i have a DELL laptop
with this NIC chipset that works fine on Linux Debian, so maybe there is
something to configure on BIOS setup, or a kernel option I forgotten ?

regards,

--
Eric BELHOMME