Dell OMSA 4.120 on Debian help

George Lengel lengel at rhk-tech.com
Fri Oct 1 09:41:01 CDT 2004

To:             	linux-poweredge at dell.com
From:           	Xavier Poinsard <xpoinsard at openpricer.com>
Subject:        	Re: Dell OMSA 4.120 on Debian help
Date sent:      	Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:01:52 +0200

> George Lengel wrote:
> > I cannot find compat-libstdc++ on a Debian package repository so I
> > assume it is named differently than on RH. Which one do I need?
>
> Did you try libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 ?

Xavier,

Thanks for the .deb. This gets me the correct libstdc++ that other
emails in the past have referenced, but I still have the same
problem. Looking closer at the error message I see the problem lies
in /lib/libc.so.6. On my system that is symlinked to
/lib/libc-2.3.2.so. Is this maybe too new of a version?

free(): invalid pointer 0x804e5f8!

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside
the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x400fdc97
Function name=_IO_switch_to_get_mode
Library=/lib/libc.so.6

Cannot obtain thread information

Dynamic libraries:

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last
error.
Dumping information about last error:
ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x0x400fdc97
SIGNAL            = 11
FUNCTION NAME     = _IO_switch_to_get_mode
LIBRARY NAME      = /lib/libc.so.6

--------
George Lengel
RHK Technology, Inc.
1050 East Maple Road                Tel: (248) 577-5426
Troy, MI 48083  USA                 Fax: (248) 577-5433
http://www.rhk-tech.com             lengel at rhk-tech.com