Can't attach shared memory

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Mon Jul 12 11:00:01 CDT 2004

Bonjour Jean Lofts,
> Dear All
>
> I have a PE2600 with Debian stable installed - kernel 2.4.26. The system
> has been operational for over two months. I'm not aware of any problems
> with it (apart from ntp synchronisation which has recently been
> discussed here). Today, I noticed the following message on the console
>
> Can't attach shared memory(key=0x64), errno=12

	#define ENOMEM          12      /* Out of memory */

	A process is requesting "special" shared memory and
	you are out if it...
	try command  (as root)
	ipcs -t
	to see how much memory is already used
	you can change the size of avail memory via
	variable in /proc/syc/kernel/shmall

> This gets repeated every 10sec or so.

> I've no idea how long the message has been appearing, as I rarely look
> at the console and there is no sign of it in any of the logs. I've tried
> googling for the message with no success. Any pointers would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Jean Lofts

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon		      Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon at safe.ca
SAFE Inc.		    	Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
       REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
           REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">