Random oops on new 1750s

Erik Bourget erik at midmaine.com
Fri Jan 30 22:21:01 CST 2004

Dan Christian <dac at proofpoint.com> writes:

> I've got a very odd problem, that I hope someone has seen before.
>
> The really odd thing, is that it isn't reproducible.  If I reboot after
> the oops, it may happen again or it may not.  I've forced the disks to
> re-initialize, and I still can't get it to happen again.  I've tried
> running 4 copies of cpuburn and the system is still happy after 45min.
>
> Anybody seen this before?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dan

I also have random oops/panics on my 1650s.  I wonder if it isn't heat
related ... the CPU and disks seem cool enough but all their heat is being
blown directly over the motherboard logic.  Are you running them in a hot
rack?

On a slightly related note - how can I get lm_sensors to work with the 1650?
It claims that all readings are -5 degrees.

- Erik