Mounting multiple CX400s

Brian Murphy murphy+pe at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:30:10 CST 2004

Hi, I'm new to the list and don't see much about CX series storage
arrays.  I hope someone can help me.

I would like to make LUNs from 2 different CX400s available on a
PowerEdge 2650 server running RHAS 2.1.  The 2650 has 2 qlogic 2300
HBAs connected into the fabric and we're using powerpath (3.0.3-065)
for availability.

The CX400 Storage Groups are actually shared so that I can do this with
2 different PE2650 servers.  The idea is that I'm setting up a HA
cluster.

In the Navisphere (6.4.0.5.0-1) GUI Storage Groups-LUNs section, I see
the LUNs, hostnames, and assigned powerpath pseudodevice on one CX400.
The other CX400 lists the LUNs and hostnames but it's not assigning
emcpower pseudodevices.  How can I get the second CX400 to make it's
LUNs available to the linux servers?  I've rebooted the linux server
and it doesn't help.

(Screenshot at http://taco.ccit.arizona.edu/navi-shot.gif )

I hope this is clear.  I'm more than welcome to expand my explainations,
provide output, diagrams, read more manuals, etc.  I've seen that you
can't share multiple Storage Groups in the SAME CX400... I need the
servers to speak to 1 storage group on each CX400.

Thanks!

Brian

--
The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of