.exe firmware update on a non-os PE2300

Chambraud, Guillaume guillaume.chambraud at eds.com
Thu Jan 22 07:54:01 CST 2004

Hi all,

We have got a PE2300, and we want to install a RHES linux on it.
At the beginning of thr installation process, it cannot find the disk ans
dmesg claims : "megaraid: no BIOS found"

I seek on Doomsch's page and found this
"In particular, the PERC2/SC firmware older than v3.13 has known problems,
and recent (>=2.2.16, >=2.4.x) kernels require the PERC2/SC firmware to be
upgraded before use"

The PE2300 uses such a PERC2/SC firmware ... so I download it and ...
discover a P2SC313.exe file ...

So, considering this PE2300 has no OS installed, how can I use this Window
executable ?

Thanks for help

Guillaume