Error loading BCM5700 driver

Shaffer, Brett Brett.Shaffer at araggroup.com
Thu Jan 22 00:11:01 CST 2004

I have a PE 1750 running RH 7.3.  When I try to load the BCM5700 driver
using "insmod bcm5700" I get a ton of messages returned similar to this:

/lib/modules/2.4.18-3smp/kernel/drivers/addon/bcm5700/bcm5700.o: unresolved
symbol netif_rx_Rb3538903
/lib/modules/2.4.18-3smp/kernel/drivers/addon/bcm5700/bcm5700.o: unresolved
symbol pci_unregister_driver_Rb2585d04

These are followed by the message:

Hint:  You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license and
it has unresolved symbols.  The module may be trying to access GPLONLY
symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or  user error.
Contact the module supplier for assistance, only thhey can help you.

Any insight as to how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett