NTP problems - questions

Jim Laverty jim at wangtrading.com
Thu Jan 15 12:03:01 CST 2004

We have many Dell 1650s with the builtin Perc/3 (Di) and PCI based Perc/3s
(DC) running ntp without any issues using Red Hat 7.x and Red Hat 9.

Do you have iptables running on the server?  If so, is ntp allowed?

Do you have an internal Cisco router that you can use as a time source just
for testing?

What does your ntp.conf file contain?

What do you see in ntpq, if you 'lpeers'?