Purpose of racser driver

Tim Korsrud korsrud at sedsystems.ca
Fri Jan 9 10:48:00 CST 2004

Does anyone know the purpose of the racser driver?  I have a PowerEdge
1650 with a DRAC III that is locking up.  There is no kernel panic, but
the last entries in the /var/log/messages show that the machine was

I would like to try disabling racser, but I am not sure what it is used
for.  I guessing it is used for the ppp/onboard modem, which I am not
using.   I need to know if I will lose any other functionality if I
disable this driver.