LVM on-line resizing RHEL AS 3

Gelwarg, Adam agelwarg at ingdirect.com
Fri Apr 30 21:36:01 CDT 2004

Matt,

Thanks for the information, but I'm not sure I fully understand.  Is the snapshot mounted read/write?  I can't imagine this works if there are files "in use" on the specific filesystem.  Also, when bringing the original, now resized, filesystem back on-line, how do you re-sync it with the changes that were made while the snapshot was mounted, assuming it was mounted read/write?

How do you address the situation for filesystems that you can't actually unmount.  For example, the root filesystem.

- Adam