Logging in with a Local User when LDAP is down

Gelwarg, Adam agelwarg at ingdirect.com
Fri Apr 30 17:23:06 CDT 2004

My guess is that the problem is in /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

Try changing the line that says something like this:

      account     required     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so

      account     sufficient   /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so

Regards,

Adam Gelwarg

ING DIRECT | Adam.Gelwarg at ingdirect.com
<mailto:Adam.Gelwarg at ingdirect.com>

> I am using Redhat Version Enterprise 3.0 Work Station Edition.
> I used authconfig to configure authentication with an ldap server.
> When the ldap server is up, I can log into the server as myself and
root.
> When the ldap server is down, I can not log into the server as root
from the console.
> I have seen a few bugzilla articles, but none of them seems to work.
> Can someone help me out?

> Jason Breitman
> Jason.Breitman at blackrock.com

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe you have received the message in error, please notify the sender and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.