AS 2.1 kernel panic with RAID storage on 2650

Martha Flugstad MARTHAF at exchange.astate.edu
Fri Apr 30 08:17:01 CDT 2004

Hello,
     I have installed Red Hat AS 2.1 on a Poweredge 2650 with an Adaptec controller and an LSI RAID controller.  The system boots from the scsi drives on the Adaptec controller.  The system was booting fine until I configured a logical drive on the LSI RAID storage.  Now, the kernel panics.  It looks like the drives on the Adaptec controller are not being mounted.  If I clear the configuration on the external storage, then the system will boot, but there are no logical drives to work with.  What do I need to do to correct this?  This is the first time I have worked with an external storage array and am fairly clueless even after reading the documentation.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Martha

Martha Flugstad
Network Services
Arkansas State University