PowerEdge 2650 lockup - hard reboot required

Hiram Barber hbarber at mosquitomagnet.com
Thu Apr 29 18:57:39 CDT 2004

Hi,

I just inherited a Dell 2650 connected to a Dell 220s storage array when I
started my new job a few weeks ago.  It is and running Oracle applications
and database

uname -a

Linux abcprod11i.abc.com 2.4.9-e.27enterprise #1 SMP Tue Aug 5 15:39:21 EDT
2003 i686 unknown

I have been here when it seems to lock up/freeze - this morning it locked
up, I couldn't ping the IP or get to the command line - unfortunately one of
my colleagues had left it with the KDE desktop running (the screensaver
wasn't moving).  After 10 minutes we hard booted the system.

Has anyone experienced this before?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hiram