Memtest86 on a PowerEdge 2650

Jason_Mick@Dell.com Jason_Mick at Dell.com
Thu Apr 29 18:57:10 CDT 2004

David-

I tested my 2650 (400Mhz with 4gig of memory) with Memtest v3.1.  First
pass failed.  Then shut off sequential memory access and hyper-threading
in bios.  The test still failed at around the last .8M of memory.  Went
in and turn off bios support for the USB controller and right now I have
not received any additional errors however the test is not complete.
Before I can be sure I would like to go back in an enable the Sequential
memory access and hyper-threading options since they are still disabled.

My test is at 20% of test 3.

Prior to this I would get failures at 2% of test 1.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Jason Mick

  _____

From: linux-poweredge-admin at Dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at Dell.com] On Behalf Of Papasan, David
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 8:07 AM
To: jukka-dell at 2004.salmi.ch
Cc: linux-poweredge at Dell.com
Subject: re: Memtest86 on a PowerEdge 2650

    Is anybody successfully running Memtest86 v3.1a on a Dell PowerEdge
2650?

I have ran memtest on serveral server works boxes and they all failed
the last MB of memory. The address space ended in the same digits no
matter the memory config.

I do not know why, I emailed the dev. doing Memtest86+ and he stated
they did not have any dev. info on RCC Serverworks etc. but had heard of
the issue.