Problem with installing another HD

Jason_Mick@Dell.com Jason_Mick at Dell.com
Thu Apr 29 11:37:46 CDT 2004

When you reconfigured you container did you specify a new partition
size?  If not the reconfig will keep the RAID set the same size as
before just include the new disk in the array.  I made this mistake on
the first reconfig I did.  Here is a link to the AFACLI doc in case you
need to syntax.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/storage/romb25/cli-rg/contcom2.htm#734590

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Robinson
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 11:03 AM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Problem with installing another HD

After installing another HD to the server we ran afa0,  then
reconfigured the raid,and then scrubed container, but we sill have the
same amount of space on the system as before.  I can see the drive, but
not the extra space from the new drive.  This is a poweredge 2650,
raid5.  Is there any thing i can do to see the extra space?