New Perc 3/di firmware Brian_Pickering at
Thu Apr 29 10:50:00 CDT 2004

Yes, I've just upgraded 3 systems with PERC 3/di's(6300, 2650, and a 1650)
to the 2.8 firmware, and they all worked fine with the stock RHEL3
kernels(2.4.21-9EL from Update 1).  I did promptly install the 1.1.4
driver though, so I can't attest to any long term stability.

Brian Pickering - Brian_Pickering at
System Administrator - Information Services
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Frank Solem <frank.solem at>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-admin at
04/29/2004 04:48 AM

linux-poweredge at

New Perc 3/di firmware

There is an new firmware relase (2.8.0) for the PERC 3/di. Is it safe to
upgrade from 2.7.1[1] and will it work with the aacraid driver from
RHEL 3 kernels?

[1] Yes, I am aware of the BIOS requirement.

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at
Please read the FAQ at or search the list
archives at