PERC3-DI Raid 5

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at int-evry.fr
Wed Apr 28 09:34:00 CDT 2004

Le mar 27/04/2004 à 20:13, Jason_Mick at Dell.com a écrit :
> The rebuild time is hard to measure.  It depends on the activity of the
> server at the time of failure/rebuild.  I would guess about 3-4 hours
> with the server at minimal use.

I experienced a 8 hours reconstruction recently on a 4x73Gb disks RAID5
container (205 Gb in total), while doing some tests with the hotspare,
and manually ejecting a drive (it may be different if some drive gets
broken ?).

The machine is a PE2650 with the PERC3Di.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at int-evry.fr>