PERC3-DI Raid 5

Jason_Mick@Dell.com Jason_Mick at Dell.com
Tue Apr 27 13:12:00 CDT 2004

The rebuild time is hard to measure.  It depends on the activity of the
server at the time of failure/rebuild.  I would guess about 3-4 hours
with the server at minimal use.

As far as the drive...  The short answer is: Yes, if you purchase a
drive from Dell with the intent to upgrade the server the drive is now
covered under the warranty that is on the server.  I would recommend
that you keep your order number that you purchased the drive on so that
the technician with Dell knows the drive came from us and it is not a
third party drive.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Brown [mailto:dell at tblive.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 12:59 PM
To: Mick, Jason; linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: RE: PERC3-DI Raid 5

Thanks.

Any idea or rough estimate how long it takes to rebuild a drive? They
are 73
GB 10k RPM drives on a 3 GHz Xeon with 1.5 GB ram. I am assuming the
rebuild
is automatic, correctly me if I am wrong.

Also not sure if anyone knows the answer to this as it is more a sales /
warranty issue. If I were to buy an identical 4th drive to the 3 that
are
currently in my system (that is covered by a 3 years, 4 hour parts and
labor
support contract), does this drive get the same support if it were to
fail
or would it have its own support contract that may be next day
replacement.

Ryan