PERC3-DI Raid 5

Jon_Morris@Dell.com Jon_Morris at Dell.com
Tue Apr 27 13:06:08 CDT 2004

Ryan,

	The rebuild time is anywhere between 2 and 5 minutes per gig.
As for the hard drive, if it is purchased through us and has a dell part
number it would take the warranty of the server that it is attached to.
If not attached to a server it would have a one year warranty.

Jason  (Another Jason)

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Brown
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 12:59 PM
To: Mick, Jason; linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: RE: PERC3-DI Raid 5

Thanks.

Any idea or rough estimate how long it takes to rebuild a drive? They
are 73 GB 10k RPM drives on a 3 GHz Xeon with 1.5 GB ram. I am assuming
the rebuild is automatic, correctly me if I am wrong.

Also not sure if anyone knows the answer to this as it is more a sales /
warranty issue. If I were to buy an identical 4th drive to the 3 that
are currently in my system (that is covered by a 3 years, 4 hour parts
and labor support contract), does this drive get the same support if it
were to fail or would it have its own support contract that may be next
day replacement.

Ryan