PERC3-DI Raid 5

Ryan Brown dell at tblive.com
Tue Apr 27 12:58:01 CDT 2004

Thanks.

Any idea or rough estimate how long it takes to rebuild a drive? They are 73
GB 10k RPM drives on a 3 GHz Xeon with 1.5 GB ram. I am assuming the rebuild
is automatic, correctly me if I am wrong.

Also not sure if anyone knows the answer to this as it is more a sales /
warranty issue. If I were to buy an identical 4th drive to the 3 that are
currently in my system (that is covered by a 3 years, 4 hour parts and labor
support contract), does this drive get the same support if it were to fail
or would it have its own support contract that may be next day replacement.

Ryan