Raid controller on PowerEdge 1300 and Debian Linux

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Mon Apr 26 16:09:00 CDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 06:22:30PM +0200, Magnus Nordlander wrote:
> I just got myself a PowerEdge 1300, and I'm trying to install Debian
> Linux on it. The problem is that the raid controller won't work. When i
> use the sarge netinstall cd, i can't modprobe megaraid, and when i try
> the install disc from it tells me
> that it cannot find any hard disks.
> Am I not supposed to use the megaraid driver?

You don't specify which RAID controller you've got, but most likely it
uses the megaraid driver.

Do you have a logical drive created on the controller already?  If
not, please do that via the controller's BIOS tool.

Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions &
Linux on Dell mailing lists @