No PERC4 for PowerEdge 2650?

Kevin Merritt Kevin.Merritt at messagerite.com
Sun Apr 25 22:25:00 CDT 2004

James,

I too am interested in others perspectives on software vs. hardware
RAID, but thought that I would share that for whatever reason, you can
only order a 2650 with a PERC/3 from the small business "side" of Dell's
site, but you can configure a 2650 with PERC/4 from the medium-to-large
business side. Alternatively, you can configure a 2650 from the small
biz side with no PERC card and then add a PERC/4 from "Software and
Peripherals."

In our experience, no matter what else you do, you should avoid the
PERC/3. It simply under-performs, even relative to software RAID.

Regards,

Kevin

This electronic message is MessageRite company confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and destroy the
message immediately. MessageRite, Inc. (949) 450-0040