Dell 2161DS KVM switch - need java client

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at
Sat Apr 24 13:54:00 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 11:04, aurbain wrote:
> I just inherited a rack with one of these and need the java client to
> connect to it over IP.
> The Dell website only has Firmaware and docs.
> Can someone point me to a link where I can get the Client?
> -Aaron.

It is listed as firmware but it includes the Windows and Linux java
client as well.

Here is the description from the Dell web site:

Release Title: Firmware: Dell 2161DS Digital Switch, Utility, Linux,
Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Multi Language, PowerEdge 2161DS Digital
Switch, v.1.1, A01-00

FileName: R72067.EXE [45 MB]

Release Date: 1/21/2004

Format: Hard-Drive

Remote Console Switch Software v1.1 incorporating fixes to the v1.0

Unfortunately, it is a self extracting archive so you need to download
it to a that other OS to extract the setup.bin file to install it on a
linux machine.