Problem bringing PE1600SC to live again.

Daniel Widyono widyono+dell at cis.upenn.edu
Sat Apr 24 10:11:00 CDT 2004

This happens over and over, or just once?  I have older 1550's; many of them
are now experiencing the situation where after a hard power off, the _first_
press of the power button shows two LED's turn on followed by an immediate
power off.  The second press of the power button brings it back up, HOWEVER
with invalid BIOS settings (I'm forced to go into BIOS and change anything,
then save settings, in order to boot again -- typically I lose time/date and
PXE boot settings, and I only bother restoring the PXE boot because time/date
will be rewritten by NTP).

If you have tried pressing power several times, the two things I can think of
are: disconnect power, wait a minute or two, reconnect and try again -- or --
remove BIOS battery; wait a minute or two, power up (and power down if it
actually does try to power up), restore BIOS battery, and try again.

Dan W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono                      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania