up2date repository RH ES/AS 3.0

Adam Tilghman agt at ieng9.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 23 16:02:01 CDT 2004

> Can anyone point me in the direction of instructions or a howto for
> setting up a repository / gateway for RedHat ES / AS / WS updates.  I
> would like for one system to grab all the updates available via up2date
> and then use yum or similar on all of the other systems to update without
> having to download them via up2date.

I have been using a script similar to the following to keep a
fully-patched installation tree available on my local servers.
This script needs to be run from an RHN-registered host which runs
the same OS variant as the tree (ES/AS/WS).

  #!/bin/bash

  repos=/path/to/rhel30/installation/tree

  for $pkg in `up2date --showall`; do
	up2date --tmpdir=${repos}/RedHat/RPMS --get $pkg
  done

  # Regenerate "comps" for installation purposes
  /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist ${repos}

--
Adam Tilghman  |  Systems Support / Academic Computing  |     +1 858 822 0711
 agt at ucsd.edu  |  University of California, San Diego   | fax +1 858 534 7018