RedHat Linux says "power down", the PE2650 ignores the suggestion.

Valerio Felici vlfelici at tin.it
Fri Apr 23 14:04:01 CDT 2004

Alle 20:32, venerdì 23 aprile 2004, Chuck Reid ha scritto:

> Anybody want to suggest an alternate answer which also fits the
> scenario I can demonstrate on my 10 year old PC?

Hi, I never used Red Hat but you can see if your PE has Advanced Power
Management (apm) module installed and running.
APM must be compiled in your kernel of course.
I think you can give something like these commands:
1) To see if apm service installed
# rpm -qa | grep apm
2) To see if apm service is on
# chkconfig --list | grep apm